Husqvarna chainsaws can handle even the most challenging jobs, such as cutting trees and trimming branches.
However, a standard chainsaw won’t cut for particularly large jobs. That’s where a large chainsaw comes in handy.
Sadly, there’s not that much information about big Husqvarna chainsaws.
We managed to find ten of the biggest Husqvarna chainsaws currently available and give you a couple of tips that will make your life easier too.
Let’s get right into it.
What Are The Biggest Husqvarna Chainsaw?
Here are the biggest Husqvarna chainsaws I found currently available in the market.
- Husqvarna 455 Rancher 20-in 55.5-cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
- Husqvarna 460 Rancher 24-in 60.3-cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
- Husqvarna 450R 450 Rancher Gas Chainsaw
- Husqvarna 20″ Bar 562XP Chainsaw
- Husqvarna 450R 18″ Gas Chainsaw
- Husqvarna 970515528 445 18″ Gas Chainsaw
- Husqvarna 440 18″ Gas Chainsaw
- Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaws
- Husqvarna 572 Chainsaw
- Husqvarna 16 Inch 130 Gas Chainsaw
1. Husqvarna 455 Rancher 20-in 55.5-cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
This Husqvarna 455 20-inch chainsaw has excellent features that make it one of the most powerful on this list.
For once, its 55.5cc X-Torq motor with 3.49 horsepower is both efficient and powerful enough to cut down thick tree branches easily.
Moreover, it has a 20-inch bar that is big enough for heavy use.
Even though it’s a bit heavy, the chainsaw has an anti-vibration system and a convenient tensioning system (for fast chain adjustments on the go), which make up for it.
Lastly, it has an automatic oiler that guarantees a smooth cutting experience and a fast ignition system that ensures you won’t have to spend 10 to 15 minutes trying to turn on the goddam thing.
- 3.49-HP X-Torq 55.5cc engine generates low emissions and is very efficient
- 20-inch bar guarantees deep and powerful cuts
- Anti-vibration system allows for easier handling of the tool
- Easy tensioning system (side-mounted) allows for quick adjustments
- Fast ignition system
- Automatic oiler
- Easy dismountable air cleaner
- Bit heavy
2. Husqvarna 460 Rancher 24-in 60.3-cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
Looking for a 24-inch Husqvarna chainsaw to help you take down giant trees?
Let me introduce this Husqvarna 460 rancher 14-inch chainsaw, then.
For once, it comes with a 3.62 horsepower “X-Torq” engine and a big 24-inch bar that makes cutting down trees easy and fun!
Convenience-wise, its automatic oiling system maintains the saw chain well oiled for maximum accuracy and smoothness.
Lastly, its “LowVib” anti-vibration system makes the chainsaw very easy to handle, which is a critical feature for some people (especially beginners).
- Powerful 3.62-HP X-Torq engine
- Effortless starting system for maximum convenience
- Rugged saw chain and 24-inch bar for maximum sawing power
- Automatic oiling allows for enhanced durability and a smooth cutting
- Side-mounted easy tensioning system
- LowVib anti-vibration system
- Air filtering system prevents dirt from getting to the engine
- A bit difficult to make horizontal cuts (yet expected with a 24-inch chainsaw)
3. Husqvarna 450R 450 Rancher Gas Chainsaw
If you’re looking for a big and powerful Husqvarna chainsaw, then you might be looking at the best choice: the Husqvarna 450R 20-inch chainsaw.
Its “X-Torq” engine with 3.2 horsepower allows users to handle tougher cutting jobs easily (i.e. pruning big trees).
Additionally, it has a rugged 20-inch bar, which is the sweet spot between compactness and reliability.
And to make the chainsaw easy to handle, Husqvarna added impressive features to this chainsaw, such as the anti-vibration system and a quick tensioning system (for easy adjustments).
- Weather-resistant 20-inch bar that guarantees cutting power for pruning trees and cutting firewood
- 3.2-HP X-Torq low-emission engine
- Anti-vibration system that makes the chainsaw very easy to handle
- Quick and easy start with spring assist
- Automatic oiling system that keeps the chainsaw running smooth
- Air Injection air cleaning system
- Tensioning system allows for quick adjustment
- Chain easily pops off when it’s too tight
4. Husqvarna 20″ Bar 562XP Chainsaw
This Husqvarna 20-inch 562XP chainsaw is a first choice for professionals due to its solid features, such as its 59.8cc 4.7HP engine that, coupled with the 20-inch bar, allows the user to cut through thick wood easily.
When it comes to convenience, this 562XP chainsaw blows other chainsaws out of the water with features such as:
- Choke/stop control which prevents engine flood and allows for an easy start
- “RevBoots” feature which allows for more acceleration for faster cuts
- Easy-release air filters that prevent dust particles from reaching the engine
Additionally, the chainsaw has the “LowVib” feature, which is a known Husqvara attribute that allows the user to operate this monster of a tool without much vibration for a safer operation.
- 59.8cc 4.7HP X-Torq powerful engine provides lower fuel consumption and emissions
- 20-inch bar made of high quality steel guarantee deeper and faster cuts
- AutoTune system makes automatic adjustments to take the most out of the engine
- Choke/stop control allows for easy start and engine flood prevention
- RevBoost allows for rapid acceleration for faster cuts
- Centrifugal air cleaning system
- LowVib anti-vibration handles to reduce fatigue
- Easy to clean and quick release air filters
- Based on my experience, I have no cons to speak of!
5. Husqvarna 450R 18″ Gas Chainsaw
This Husqvarna 450R 18-inch chainsaw was designed with excellent features, such as its 3.2 horsepower X-Torq motor that allows for maximum cutting speed to prune trees and cut through branches easily.
Moreover, the chainsaw has the so-called “automatic oiling” that maintains the saw chain well oiled to allow for a safer operation and enhanced durability.
Even though its bar is not the biggest (18-inches), it is pretty convenient thanks to its anti-vibration system and quick-release air filters that compensate for it.
Last but not least, it has a quick start feature that allows the user to avoid hassling with the pull cord to start the chainsaw.
- Quick start feature
- Rugged saw chain attaches to an 18-inch bar to provide larger cuts
- 3.2HP motor X-Torq powerful engine
- LowVib anti-vibration system to reduce arm fatigue when operating the chainsaw
- Automatic supply of oil guaranteeing durability and a safe performance
- Quick release air filters
- Based on my experience, I have no cons to speak of
6. Husqvarna 970515528 445 18″ Gas Chainsaw
Unlike so many other chainsaws, this Husqvarna 445 18-inch chainsaw is not only very powerful but also fairly easy to handle.
I mean, it comes with a 2.8HP motor that can output up to 9,000 RPMs of cutting speed, and it also has an 18-inch bar, which is enough to cut through thick wood easily.
Moreover, the chainsaw has a side-mounted tensioning system that allows for easy chain adjustments on the go.
Even though it is clear the chainsaw is not for heavy work, it does come with other features to make up for this, such as its automatic oiling system that allows for a smooth cutting experience and a quick start feature, so you don’t have to waste time of your day trying to turn on the chainsaw.
- Air Injection air cleaning system prevents dust particles from getting into contact with the engines
- Powerful 2.8HP motor provides 9,000 rpm of cutting speed
- 18-inch bar allows for strong cutting power
- Side-mounted tensioning system allows for quick adjustments
- Quick start
- Automatic oil system maintains the chainsaw well oiled to guarantee a smooth cutting experience
- Anti-vibration system
- Not for heavy work
7. Husqvarna 440 18″ Gas Chainsaw
Husqvarna is known for making reliable and powerful tools, and this 440 18-inch chainsaw is no exception.
With features such as its 2.4 HP motor and 18-inch bar, this chainsaw allows users to do medium to heavy work like pruning trees or cutting firewood.
Moreover, the chainsaw has an anti-vibration system that reduces vibrations allowing you to handle the chainsaw more easily, which is essential for cutting accuracy and safety.
Lastly, the chainsaw has a side-mounted tensioning system which ensures you can easily adjust the tension of the saw chain to the task at hand.
- 18-inch bar is big enough but pruning trees and cutting firewood
- Powerful 2.4-HP X-Torq engine
- Anti-vibration system allows for a safer operation of the chainsaw
- Side-mounted tensioning system allows for quick adjustments on the go
- Quick start feature
- Air Injection air cleaning system keeps the engine free of dust
- You need a tool to make adjustments
8. Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaws
This Husqvarna 120 mark II 16-inch chainsaw uses the perfect combination of features to make it one of the best Husqvarna chainsaws available.
Well, for once, it has a surprisingly powerful engine for its size (16-inches): the 1.8HP 38.2cc motor that is low on emissions and fairly efficient.
It isn’t for heavy work, but its features, such as the low vibration system and low kickback safety feature, make it one of the easiest-to-handle chainsaws in this article.
Another significant feature I liked was its efficient air cleaning system which is responsible for keeping all dust particles from reaching the motos.
- 16-inch bar is big enough for small to medium cuts
- 1.8HP 38.2cc motor is efficient and environmental-friendly
- Compact and lightweight design (it only weighs 10.7 pounds!)
- Air purge: that removes air from engine and carburetor for easy start
- Efficient air cleaning system to prevent dust from ruining the motor
- Low vibration system makes sure the chainsaw is easy to handle when cutting wood
- Automatic oiler for maximum convenience
- Low kickback safety feature, perfect for beginners
- Not the best chainsaw for heavy work
9. Husqvarna 572 20-inch Chainsaw
With a 5.8HP motor that reaches up to 9,900 RPMs of cutting speed, this Husqvarna 572 20-inch chainsaw is an excellent option for those looking for a reliable and big chainsaw.
Regarding convenience, the handles, for instance, are separated from the engine, which reduces vibrations and allows for a smoother cutting experience.
These handles are also lowered and have ergonomic rubber grips, making this chainsaw very comfortable to handle.
And although some people like to complain about it being a bit bulky and heavy, I do believe that features such as its assisted spring start and efficient wood chip ejection features make up for it.
- State-of-the-art filtration system to improve durability
- Handles separated from engine to reduce vibrations
- Efficient wood chip ejection
- Lowered handles allow for better control of the chainsaw
- Ergonomic rubber grips
- Easy start with assisted spring
- 5.8HP X-torq engine that reaches up to 9,900 RPMs of cutting speed
- Bulky and heavy
10. Husqvarna 16 Inch 130 Gas Chainsaw
I believe this Husqvarna 16-inch 130 gas chainsaw to be one of the biggest and best available due to features such as its:
- 38cc 2-cycle 2-horsepower engine that allows for a surprising cutting speed
- 16-inch bar that, although it is a bit small, is big enough for small to medium cuts
- Chain brake for added safety
Last but not least, and to improve its safety features, the chainsaw comes with an easy chain adjustment system that allows the user to easily adjust the tension of the saw chain to the cutting task at hand.
- Powerful 38cc 2-cycle 2HP engine x-torq engine
- Chain brake for safety
- 16-inch bar is big enough for homeowners and hobbyists
- Easy chain adjustments
- Based on my experience, I have no cons to speak of
What Is The Biggest Husqvarna Chainsaw?
Husqvarna 460 Rancher 24-in 60.3-cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
I selected this Husqvarna 460 24-inch chainsaw as the best and biggest Husqvarna chainsaw available due to its impressive features, such as:
- Massive 24-inch bar that allows you to prune big trees and cut through wide pieces of wood
- Powerful X-torq 3.62 horsepower engine that achieves an impressive cutting speed
- Automatic oiling system that oils the saw chain for a smooth and safe cutting experience
Anyways, if you’d like to read the full review, you can do so by clicking the button down below.
Must Have Features of The Biggest Husqvarna Chainsaw
There are certain features I believe chainsaws must have to be considered among the biggest Husqvarna chainsaw available.
If you’re planning on cutting firewood or trimming a tree, a chainsaw with a powerful engine that outputs a high cutting speed (RPMs) should be the perfect tool for you.
But, how powerful should the engine be?
Well, if you’re looking for the biggest Husqvarna chainsaw, I’d say the chainsaw should have at least a 40cc and 3 horsepower motor as I feel that is the “base” for delivering enough torque to prune trees and cut wide tree branches easily.
I mean, you can go as high as 60cc and 6 horsepower. That way, you’ll get the guarantee you’ll get a monster of a chainsaw.
The bar’s length in a chainsaw will determine how big of a cut you make when operating the tool.
So, when looking for a big and powerful Husqvarna chainsaw, I’d say that the sweet spot should be a chainsaw with a 20-inch bar as it will allow you to do both light and heavy work.
If you’re looking for a monster of a chainsaw, then you could go for a chainsaw with a 24-inch bar. That way, you’ll get the biggest and baddest chainsaw around.
Yet, if you’re planning on using the chainsaw as a hobby, then you could go for a chainsaw with an 18-inch or even a 16-inch bar, as it will be sufficient.
Tool-less Tensioning System
There’s nothing more annoying than constantly having to regulate the tensioning of your chainsaw because it’s off.
That’s why I’d say that looking for a chainsaw will a reliable tensioning system that doesn’t require a tool to be operated is a great idea.
Well, for once, you’ll get the convenience of not having to use a tool to adjust the tension of your chainsaw, which is key to providing a more accurate cutting experience.
And then, because it will make making constant adjustments less frequent, as the tensioning of the chainsaw will stay in place.
Easy to Start
A chainsaw’s ignition system could make it love or completely hate the chainsaw itself.
Sadly, there are lots of chainsaws out there that come with lousy ignition systems that make starting the chainsaw’s motor a nightmare.
That’s why I recommend getting a Husqvarna chainsaw with an easy-to-start button or a pull cord with some kind of an assisted spring, as it will make starting the chainsaw an easier task.
I consider that a large chainsaw with a powerful motor should have a low vibration system to make it easier to use.
Have you ever used an old and big chainsaw? Those things are a nightmare to work with!
You could easily injure yourself and endanger those around you. That is why I believe a low vibration system that reduces the shaking produced by the motor to make the tool easier to operate is essential for any modern chainsaw.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequent questions about the biggest Husqvarna chainsaws and my attempt to answer most of them.
How many CCs is the biggest Husqvarna chainsaw?
Knowing that I chose the Husqvarna 460 Rancher 24-in 2-Cycle Gas chainsaw as the biggest Husqvarna chainsaw overall (at least in this article), I must say it has a 60.3-cc motor, which is massive, knowing that most chainsaws nowadays don’t surpass 50cc.
What’s the difference between Husqvarna and Stihl?
Any chainsaw enthusiast will prefer either Stihl or Husqvarna as they’re both very trustworthy chainsaw brands.
But, what about their differences?
Well, off the top of my mind, I can think of the following differences between Husqvarna and Stihl:
- Husqvarna is a Swedish company, whereas Stihl sells chainsaws made in Germany
- Husqvarna has a broader product line that includes everything from lawn mowers to weed eaters, whereas Stihl focuses primarily on chainsaws
- Price-wise, Husqvarna is typically the more expensive option, but Stihl isn’t far behind.
- In terms of quality, both are well-known in the industry for producing high-quality chainsaws