Air compressors are essential for any tradesman as they are used to power essential pneumatic machinery and equipment.
One very cool type of air compressor that seems nobody is talking about are wheelbarrow air compressors.
Wheelbarrow air compressors are designed to be perfect for outdoor rough terrains, as they are very easy to move around uneven surfaces and they are made with very rugged materials.
So, I decided to take a few weeks out of my schedule and test a bunch of wheelbarrow air compressors so I could share with you my personal list of the best wheelbarrow air compressors that are currently being offered.
The Best Wheelbarrow Air Compressors
Here are some of the best wheelbarrow air compressors I came across after weeks of research:
- Metabo HPT EC2610E Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- Ingersoll-Rand SS3J5.5GH-WB Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- Campbell Hausfeld CE2000 GX160 Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- HPDAVV 9.5Gal Twin Tank Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- DeWalt DXCMTB5590856 Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- Mi-T-M AM1-PH65-08M Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- Jenny K15A-8P Single Stage Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- Ingersoll-Rand SS3J2-WB 2hp Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- 4utoHydra 9.5Gal Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- ROLAIR 4090HK17 Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
1. Metabo HPT EC2610E Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- Air pressure ratings: 9.5 CFM delivered at 90 PSI
- Pump: Cast iron, low RPM, oil lubricated pump
- Type: Oiled
Are you in the market for a new wheelbarrow air compressor? Then I’d say look no further than the Metabo HPT EC2610E.
Not only is it super easy to transport with its wheelbarrow design, but it also packs serious air pressure capabilities with its GX 160 air-cooled 5.5-HP engine delivering 9.5 CFM at 90 PSI, letting you run multiple tools at once.
One of the best parts? The cast iron, low RPM, oil lubricated pump which is built to last and ensures your air is compressed and pumped effectively.
I do have to mention it may be a bit on the heavier side, but that’s to be expected for an air compressor of this caliber.
Last but not least, I particularly like the locking regulator, as I don’t have to worry about the air pressure accidentally changing. Plus, the pneumatic throttle allows the user to match the flow to the specific air tool they’re using.
- Wheelbarrow design for easy transport
- GX 160 air-cooled 5.5-HP engine 9.5 CFM delivered at 90 PSI to run multiple pneumatic tools at the same time
- Cast iron, low RPM, oil lubricated pump compresses and pumps air
- Locking regulator ensures consistent air pressure by preventing it from being accidentally changed
- Pneumatic throttle that allows the user to match the air pressure flow to the demands of the specific pneumatic tool
- Reliable stainless steel braided discharge
- Easy-to-read industrial air pressure gauges
- It’s a bit heavy
2. Ingersoll-Rand SS3J5.5GH-WB Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- Air pressure ratings: 135 psi of maximum operating pressure
- Pump: Pump designed for 5,000 hours
- Type: Oiled
In the case of this Ingersoll-Rand SS3J5.5GH-WB wheelbarrow air compressor, it comes with xxx that xxx, making it one of the best wheelbarrow air compressors available.
First, it’s easy to move around thanks to its wheelbarrow design and also packs a serious punch with its 5.5 hp Honda gas-powered motor that delivers a whopping 135 psi of maximum operating pressure.
But the SS3J5.5GH-WB isn’t just all brawn and no brains.
It also has two quick disconnect couplers, so you can run multiple pneumatic tools at once without constantly switching out hoses and fittings. Whether you’re using a framing nailer, paint sprayer, or ratchet, you’ll be able to work efficiently and get the job done in no time.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. “But wait, is there a catch?” Well, there is one small detail to mention. The customer service isn’t the best, but let’s be real, that’s a minor inconvenience when you consider it’s amazing durability features.
The cast iron frame is super durable and can handle the rigors of heavy use, and with a longer lifespan than some other models, allowing us tradesmen to get more bang for our buck.
- Portable design thanks to wheelbarrow
- Convenient two quick disconnect couplers to run multiple pneumatic tools
- 5.5 hp Honda gas powered motor outputs 135 psi of maximum operating pressure
- Durable cast iron frame guarantees a longer lifespan
- Not the best customer service
3. Campbell Hausfeld CE2000 GX160 Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
- Air pressure ratings: 10.2 CFM of air at 90 PSI
- Pump: Oil-lubricated, two cylinder pump
- Type: Oiled
This Campbell Hausfeld CE2000 air compressor boast amazing features that make shoot it to the top of my list of best wheelbarrow air compressors.
The 9-gallon wheelbarrow tank is a game-changer, it makes it easy to move around even the toughest terrains, and the GX160 Honda engine provides an impressive 10.2 CFM of air at 90 PSI, making it ideal for a variety of projects.
But this air compressor isn’t just a one-trick pony, it also boasts some other great features.
One of the best things about this compressor is that it’s electric-powered, which reduces air pollution.
I have to say that it’s a bit loud at 95 dBA, but this is a minor issue when you consider the overall power and versatility of this compressor.
Finally, it comes with a fully enclosed metal belt guard for enhanced safety and an oil-lubricated, two-cylinder pump that delivers solid and reliable air pressure.
- 9 Gallon Wheelbarrow tank is easy to move around tough terrains
- Single stage air compression with a GX160 Honda engine that outputs 10.2 CFM of air at 90 PSI
- Electric powered reduces air pollution
- Fully enclosed metal belt guard for enhanced safety
- Oil-lubricated, two cylinder pump that provides solid and reliable air pressure
- It’s a bit loud at 95 dBA
4. HPDAVV 9.5Gal Twin Tank Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
You might not know HPDAVV, well, I didn’t either and they totally blew me out of the water with this amazing twin tank wheelbarrow air compressor.
Features such as its 6.5HP engine that provides and airflow of 12 cfm at 125 PSI is what convinced me of its amazing power.
Also, the fact that it’s made of a top quality cast iron that can resist being in the outdoors is another feature I appreciated.
Also, the convenience this wheelbarrow air compressor brings to the table is on another level.
I mean, it has a truck mount and manual of/off levers that make it very easy to operate and an automatic start/stop pressure switch control that guarantees a reliable performance.
- Powerful 6.5HP engine provides an airflow of 12 cfm at 125 PSI
- Made of wear-resistant, top-quality cast iron
- Wheelbarrow design maximizes portability
- Convenient automatic start/stop pressure switch control
- Reliable one stage pump
- Manual on/off lever offers easy operation
- Convenient truck mount
- Not the best shipping experience
5. DeWalt DXCMTB5590856 Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
This amazing DeWalt DXCMTB5590856 wheelbarrow air compressor features the 160cc Honda GX160 engine with cast iron, twin cylinder pump providing 9.9 CFM at 90 PSI.
It’s powerful enough for even the toughest jobs, yet it still manages to be one of the quietest compressors on the market, making less than 80 dBA of noise, about the same as a vacuum cleaner.
Another great feature of this compressor is its advanced air filter, which provides enhanced air filtration and helps to extend the life of the compressor.
And, of course, its wheelbarrow design makes it easy to maneuver around the job site.
Plus, the high flow air pressure regulator and low oil alert are added bonuses that will prevent potential failures.
- 160cc Honda GX160 engine with cast iron, twin cylinder pump outputs 9.9 CFM at 90 PSI
- Makes less than 80 dBA of noise, which is about the noise made of a vacuum cleaner
- Enhanced air filtration thanks to advanced air filter
- Wheelbarrow design for easy maneuverability
- High flow air pressure regulator
- Low oil alert to prevent potential failures
- Based on my experience, I have no cons to speak of
6. Mi-T-M AM1-PH65-08M Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
I’m not usually that exited when reviewing air compressors as I was with this Mi-T-M AM1-PH65-08M wheelbarrow air compressor.
I mean, it comes with a 196 cc Honda OHV engine that delivers a whopping 13.9 CFM at 90 PSI which allows it to handle even the toughest jobs with ease.
One of the best features of this compressor is the cast iron compressor pump, which is built to last and provide improved performance.
Plus, it’s one of the quietest compressors on the market, only making 69 decibels of noise when operating at full throttle. So, you can work in peace, without disturbing your neighbors and coworkers.
I know, I know… it’s a bit pricey, but this is a minor issue when you consider the overall power and performance of this compressor.
The compressor also comes with a stainless-steel braided discharge hose, which is rust-resistant and more durable than traditional rubber hoses.
Last but not least, the 12-inch flywheel and wheelbarrow design makes it very easy to move around the job site.
- 196 cc Honda OHV engine delivers 13.9 CFM at 90 PSI
- Cast iron compressor pump
- It only makes 69 decibels of noise when operating at full throttle
- Stainless-steel braided discharge hose
- 316-inch base plate that substantially reduces vibration
- 8-gallon tank that maximizes runtime
- 12-inch flywheel and wheelbarrow design makes it very easy to be moved around
- It’s a bit expensive
7. Jenny K15A-8P Single Stage Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
This Jenny K15A-8P single stage air compressor looks simple at first glance, however it’s one of the most convenient and powerful wheelbarrow air compressors I’ve ever came across.
For one, it comes with a 1.5HP motor with a single stage cast iron pump that delivers up to 6.2 CFM at 125 PSI, allowing it to run even the most powerful air tools.
Its lifting handles and wheelbarrow form-factor makes it very easy to be moved around, which is a key feature for workers that frequently change locations.
Lastly, it has easy to read tank and air pressure gauges that allows the user to have total control over the air compressor.
- Heavy-duty single stage cast iron compressor oiled pump that delivers amazing air pressure
- American made
- 1.5 HP motor delivers 6.2 CFM at 125 PSI
- Enclosed heavy-duty beltguard for added protection
- Lifting handles and wheelbarrow design with pneumatic tires simplify transportation
- Easy-to-read tank and air pressure gauges
- Thermal overload protection
- Definitely heavy
8. Ingersoll-Rand SS3J2-WB 2hp Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
This Ingersoll-rand SS3J2-WB 2hp air compressor might be one of the wheelbarrow air compressors I liked the most in this article.
First off, let’s talk about the form-factor.
Its wheelbarrow style makes it incredibly easy to move around your workspace. Trust me, you’ll appreciate this feature when you’re lugging the air compressor around on a job site.
Next, let’s talk about the construction.
This air compressor is built like a tank with its durable cast iron construction. Not only does this make it tough enough to handle the rigors of a job site, but it also enhances its durability. You’ll be able to rely on this air compressor for years to come.
But wait, there’s more! The 2hp motor delivers an impressive 5.7 CFM at 90 PSI, which is more than enough power to run multiple pneumatic tools simultaneously. And with twin 8-gallon tanks, you’ll have enough air pressure to keep your tools running all day long.
- Lightweight wheelbarrow form-factor
- Durable cast iron construction
- 2hp motor delivers 5.7 CFM at 90 PSI
- Twin 8-gallon tanks provide enough air pressure to run multiple pneumatic tools simultaneously
- Built in the USA, which is a seal of durability
- It makes only 76 dBA of noise
- 100% durable cast-Iron pump, cylinders and frame
- Not the best quality drain valves
9. 4utoHydra 9.5Gal Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
Ever heard of 4utoHydra? Me neither, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t able to manufacture some amazing air compressors like this 9.5-gallon wheelbarrow air compressor.
First things first, let’s talk power.
The 6.5HP motor outputs a whopping 12 cfm at 125psi, which is a game-changer for tradesmen who need to run multiple pneumatic tools simultaneously.
But, what good is all that power if you can’t move the darn thing around?
That’s where the wheelbarrow design comes in. This compressor is incredibly easy to move around, even on tough terrains. Plus, you can even mount it in a truck for jobs on the go.
Imagine, no more dragging a bulky air compressor from job to job, this one can easily fit in your vehicle.
Now, I know some of you might be thinking, “But what about the noise level?”.
Fear not, my friends. This air compressor only makes 69 decibels of noise, which means it won’t be annoying to work next to it. You’ll be able to focus on your work instead of the ear-piercing noise of your compressor.
And last but not least, the steel metal guard provides superior structural support. This feature ensures that your compressor will stay in good shape, even in tough job site conditions.
- 6.5HP motor outputs 12 cfm at 125psi
- Wheelbarrow design makes it very easy to be moved around tough terrains
- You can mount it in a truck
- Makes only 69 decibels of noise, meaning it won’t be annoying to work next to it
- Heavy duty belt guard that’s cheap to replace
- Steel metal guard to provide superior structural support
- Based on my experience, I have no cons to speak of
10. ROLAIR 4090HK17 Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
This ROLAIR 4090HK17 wheelbarrow air compressor is the perfect example of why you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.
I mean, it comes with a 5.5-HP engine that is able to output 9.3 CFM at 90 PSI, which is perfect if you’re planning on running most air tools a tradesman uses on a daily basis, like a framing nailer or an air impact wrench.
Moreover, it has a durable steel construction with a wheelbarrow design that allows users to move this bulky yet powerful air compressor around.
Even though it’s a bit expensive, I’d like to point out it has some very nice convenient features such as its low oil protection that turns of the motor to prevent potential failures.
- 5.5 HP Honda engine outputs 9.3-CFM at 90-PSI
- Low oil protection automatically turns off motor to prevent serious failures
- Single-stage pump with intercooler reduces operating temperature and provides high levels of air pressure
- Durable steel construction
- Wheelbarrow design makes it very easy to be moved around the worksite
- It’s a bit expensive
The Best Wheelbarrow Air Compressor Overall
Ingersoll-Rand SS3J5.5GH-WB Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
I selected this Ingersoll-Rand SS3J5.5GH-WB wheelbarrow air compressor as the best one of this article as it comes with a 5.5HP motor delivers an impressive 135 psi of maximum operating pressure.
But, that’s not all.
The durable cast iron frame guarantees that this compressor will be your trusty companion for years to come.
And, let’s not forget about the portable wheelbarrow design. Say goodbye to the days of struggling to move your bulky compressor from job to job, this one can easily be wheeled around even on the toughest terrains.
So, if you want to check it out and read the full review, you can do so by clicking the button down below.
Must Have Features of The Best Wheelbarrow Air Compressor
Here are some of the features I realized all the wheelbarrow air compressors in this article had in similar when it came time to test them:
Solid Wheels and Ergonomic Handle
Imagine this, you’re on a job site, surrounded by tools and materials, deadlines to meet and a boss breathing down your neck.
The last thing you want to deal with is a stubborn, heavy air compressor that’s a pain to move around.
That’s where solid wheels and ergonomic handles come in.
These essential features make it easy for you to move your air compressor around the job site, so you can focus on the task at hand. Say goodbye to struggling with a monster of an air compressor and hello to easy transportation.
Trust me, your back and your productivity will thank you.
Solid Air Pressure Ratings
As a tradesman, you rely on your air compressor for a variety of tasks, from powering framing nailers to running sanders and grinders.
And, when it comes to these types of power tools, a higher level of air pressure rating is crucial.
Let’s take a framing nailer that requires a high level of air pressure to drive nails into tough materials like wood and concrete. If your air compressor doesn’t have a high enough air pressure rating, the framing nailer won’t work as efficiently, which can slow down your progress and cost you time and money.
That’s why I believe that a wheelbarrow air compressor shouldn’t provide less than 6 CFM at 90 PSI as this is the minimum pressure rating to ensure that your power tools will work efficiently, saving you time and money on the job site.
Lower Noise Levels
Prolonged exposure to loud noise can be detrimental to your hearing and as a tradesman and your hearing is crucial to your job.
I mean, it’s not only important for communication and safety, but it also affects your productivity.
On that account, I believe the best wheelbarrow air compressor should ideally make no more than 80 decibels of noise when operating.
This will ensure that your hearing will be protected and you’ll be able to focus on the task at hand without any distractions.
Also, you could use ear muffs to reduce the noise even more as they will not only protect your hearing but will also allow you to focus at your job.
As a tradesman, I spend most of my time on job sites which is definitely physically demanding and, the last thing I want to deal with is an air compressor that is difficult to use.
I particularly appreciate when wheelbarrow air compressors come with features such as thermal overload protection, easy reach pressure regulators and easy to read gauges.
These features not only make using the air compressor more comfortable but also more safe.
The thermal overload protection, for example, prevents the motor from overheating and the pressure regulators, and easy to read gauges make it very easy to adjust the compressor to your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now, we will be addressing some of the most frequently asked questions about the best wheelbarrow air compressors.
Let’s give it a shot.
What is a wheelbarrow air compressor?
Wheelbarrow air compressors are designed with a wheelbarrow-style handle and wheels, making them incredibly versatile and easy to transport from one job site to another, especially if there are uneven surfaces in between.
Plus, with their twin tanks providing a longer runtime, you’ll be able to work all day without interruption which is a key feature if you prioritize productivity.
Which company air compressor is best?
When it comes to powering up your tools, an air compressor is a must-have. But not all compressors are created equal and choosing the right one can be a daunting task.
That’s why it’s important to pay attention to the manufacturer, as a reputable brand can make a huge difference in terms of performance, durability, and overall satisfaction.
In my experience, there are three air compressor manufacturers that stand out above the rest: Campbell Hausfeld, Ingersoll-Rand and DeWalt.
- Campbell Hausfeld offers a wide range of options, from small portable units to larger industrial models, all built to last and perfect for both professional and personal use
- Ingersoll-Rand is a top brand known for its high-quality air compressors, suitable for a variety of applications from automotive work to construction sites
- DeWalt, a household name in the power tool industry, offers a selection of durable and reliable compressors that can handle any job thrown their way